From: Xing Li [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 4:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: how to separate 400 query resutls into 20 pages?

Ins,

I would recommend Ben Forta's CF books since he has a very clear section on
how to implement that. In the simplist form, you have something like this:

<CFPARAM Name="Url.Page" default="1">
<CFPARAM Name="Variables.MaxPerPage" default="50">

<CFQUERY Name="myData"........>

<CFLOOP Quey="myData" startRow="#Evaluate(Url.Page * MaxPerPage - MaxPerPage
+ 1)#" endrow="#Evaluate(Url.Page * MaxPerPage)#">

</CFLOOP>

All you need to pass in is the incremented page counter (Url.Page) and
calculate the offsets depending on how many records you want per page.

StartRow and EndRow attributes do work and they work rather well. However,
if you have a query that returns something huge, like 10,000 records, I
would suggest caching and segementing the query by caching the page
boundries.

Xing