> Looks OK... by not working, I assume you mean that you get no results
returned.

yeah.  It just keeps on loading, but nothing happens.  Could this be because
I'm running CF Express?  I haven't yet experienced a problem like this -
usually I'm at fault(!) and it tells me so, or it says CFXpress doesn't
support this function.  But with this, it just doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Will

> You might add:
>
>     sub_categories.cat_id
>
> to your SELECT clause and remove the WHERE clause...
>
> You will see what the actual data is (could be a lot of data).
>
> HTH
>
> Dick
>
> At 2:19 PM +0100 5/14/2000, WL wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is this OK for a SQL query?  The 2 tables in question are categories and
> >sub_categories.  Everything seems ok, but it's not working..
> >
> ><cfquery name = "cats" datasource = "localads">
> >     Select categories.ID, categories.cat_name, sub_categories.sub_id,
> >sub_categories.sub_name, sub_categories.sub_descript
> >
> >  FROM categories,sub_categories
> >
> >   WHERE sub_categories.cat_id = categories.ID
> >

> ></cfquery>
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Will

the body.