When ever I teach, my first night lecture ususally include a talk about this
career field and one of the things I always tell the students ... "When I
was a kid, I asked my mom about becoming a doctor. She said, 'Well, that's a
fine job and you can make lots of money, but you never really stop going to
school. (and I hated school). Doctors have to read all of the medical
journals and read medical books and never stop learning because medicine
changes so fast.  Well, that didn't sound too appealing to me, but guess
what happened when I became an adult ... I went into the Internet
development, where technology is constantly changing and you have to keep
learning to keep up and you have to read all the journals and learn, learn,
learn all of the time."

If you're not prepared to be a life-long learner, this is not a good career
choice.

H.

Howard Owens
Web Producer