But you _can_ simply ignore the execution mode. A ex-coworker of mine used
to do that. His custom tags would allow you to pass in Mode="end", and if
attributes.mode was detected, he would use that value instead of
ThisTag.ExecutionMode. Of course, I'm not exactly sure what the original
emailer has in mind.

I believe the main reason he did this was to allow for 'closing' custom tags
on different template. Ie, you can't do:

application.cfm:  <CF_Page>
onRequestEnd.cfm: </CF_Page>

so he would do:

application.cfm:  <CF_Page>
onRequestEnd.cfm: <CF_Page Mode="End">

Raymond Camden, Cold Fusion Jedi Master for Syntegra (www.syntegra.com)
Allaire Certified Instructor and Member of Team Allaire

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ UIN : 3679482