>And it looks as though UltraEdit runs under Linux using WINE, but not
>TextPad ( though the tests on TextPad are pretty old.)  If only either one
>had built in FTP access.

UltraEdit certainly does have FTP support. Also regular expression
searches, multi-level undo, timed backups, etc.

Some other features of it I really like are the word-wrap-carriage return
converting feature (I use this for getting rid of hard returns in Gutenberg
texts when converting them for other uses) and the ability to save a list
of Favorite Files (not just recent files like Studio).

Here's the feature list. If you want a plain text editor to supplement
Studio, I really don't think you could find a better one.

http://www.ultraedit.com/products/features.html

Mary Jo Sminkey         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cfwebstore.com

CFWebstore, Cold Fusion-based E-commerce