Well, with the help of several people from this group I've been combining a
lot of my stored procedures by using multiple result sets. However, I'm
just wondering about an issue that I've run up against. Some of my stored
procedures require input, others do not. But when I combine them, it seems
I have to always input dummy procparams even if that particular resultset
doesn't require input. Is there any way of getting around this - having the
inputs specific to a resultset in the stored procedure?
I know I could use if/else statements instead of just stringing the sql
statements together in one long list, but I would still need an additional
input in order to tell the stored procedure which sql statement to go to in
the conditional statement, so that seems much more clunky... Is it just a
matter of putting the variable statements in different place, or using a
begin and end?
The stored procedure basically looks like this:
CREATE PROCEDURE procComments
@keyID int,
@keyUserID int
AS
SELECT blah blah blah
SELECT blah blah blah
SELECT blah blah blah
etc.
Any help would be appreciated. This is using MS SQL Server 7. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Levi Wallach - [EMAIL PROTECTED] P:(703) 237-0443 F: 703-237-3490 |
| Senior Webmaster, Tran Interactive Design Group - http://www.tidg.com |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Creator, DVDMON.com - http://www.dvdmon.com - [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| DVD News, Views & Reviews, Music & Book Reviews, PDA Channel Content, |
| Contests, DVD Buying Guide and more! |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://www.eGroups.com/list/cf-talk
To Unsubscribe visit
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk or send a
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.