-----Original Message-----
From: Kellow, Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 10:08 AM
Subject: client mgmt on Oracle8i instead of MS Access

>Does anyone have any information (or sources) that can tell
>
> me how to define client
>
>variables on an Oracle8i database instead of
>
>an MS Access database. I have it running on the MSA but for
>
>production would like to move it to the production DB.

Yep.

SQL> describe cdata;
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 CFID                                     VARCHAR2(250)
 APP                                      VARCHAR2(250)
 DATA                                     VARCHAR2(4000)

SQL> describe cglobal;
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 CFID                                     VARCHAR2(250)
 DATA                                     LONG
 LVISIT                                   DATE

Create these tables manually, then make sure you UN-CHECK the 'Create
tables' option when you're defining the variables datasource in CF Admin.

ALSO make certain you have the CF/Oracle Y2K update from Allaire before you
attempt this, or the LVisit date column in the CGlobal table will die
horribly.  It's available here:

http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=13202&Method=Full&Cache=Off

HTH! HAND!

Brandon Whitaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------
"It'll get used by the same people using Opera.  People dressed in black
wearing berets."
- Dave Watts, on Mozilla
"The net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
- John Gilmore
"I'm sorry, I can't hear you.  God just sat on my Whoopee Cushion."
- Kibo