On Friday, July 26, 2002, at 11:10 , Brook Davies wrote:
> I just installed DWMX and setup a few test sites. After saving a few files
> DreamWeaver added a whole bunch of code to all my tags. For example, what
> was once:
> And this now breaks in a browser! What is going on here? I am using a
> custom file extenstion (*.nat), and I am guessing this is part of the
> problem. But now I have a bunch of broken code.

Yes, you need to tell DWMX that .nat is really a ColdFusion file. You need
to edit Extensions.txt (in your local user's DW configuration folder) and
you also need to edit Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml in
the main DWMX install directory.

For Extensions.txt, add NAT to the list of valid extensions and to the
list of ColdFusion extensions lower down the file.

For MMDocumentTypes.xml, find the line that specifies
winfileextension="cfm,cfml" and change it to
winfileextension="cfm,cfml,nat".

Start up DWMX and it should now know that .nat files should be treated the
same as .cfm files.

Also make sure you have the preferences set to never rewrite code
(Preferences... | Code Rewriting : add .nat to the list of file types to
never rewrite and turn off any other code rewriting options you don't want)
.

-- Margaret Atwood