Folks:

I'm in a bit of a quandary here, and was hoping that some if the brilliant
minds on this list could offer some insight.

Problem:
We have hundreds of pages that (unfortunately) refer to a form by
document.form[0].  We are now attempting to add a form to the top of the
page, thus making it the new document.form[0].  Rather than re-coding the
existing pages to use document.formName (which should have been done in the
first place) we need a solution that will allow a form that appears first on
the page to be anything BUT document.form[0].

Questions:
Is there any way to "spoof" the DOM into thinking that the first form on the
page is document.form[100]? (Can you override how the DOM indexes objects in
a page?) Is there another way to work around this?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian N. Abad