>your tests suggest looping through lists performs slower than other data
>structures. however, what about list functions like ListGetAt()? list
>functions are a large reason why i choose lists over arrays most of the
>time.

And what about indexed arrays?  How do they compare to the speed of
structures?

Is that even a valid comparison?

Either way, it's still a cool hack.  I was inordinately pleased with myself
when I figured it out - of course, as I found out later, I was a LOOOOoonng
way from being the first. :)

THEY CAN HAVE MY {
   var = array[(listFind(array[1],"foo")+1)];
   }
WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY MOLTEN, SMOKING CPU!!!1!

Hey, I was young...but really, anyone done any speed test on this sort of
thing?

Brandon Whitaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------
"It'll get used by the same people using Opera.  People dressed in black
wearing berets."
- Dave Watts, on Mozilla
"The net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."
- John Gilmore
"I'm sorry, I can't hear you.  God just sat on my Whoopee Cushion."
- Kibo