PDF, Word documents, etc. Basically, binary file formats.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/
V: 415-577-8070
F: 415-341-8906
P: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 4:42 PM
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: full-text indexing (was RE: CFMX on OSX without VirtualPC
???)
> 
> > There might indeed be databases that support full text
> > indexing of non-ascii text. However, the mainstream
> > databases don't do this without add-ons. For example,
> > Oracle has an add-on that allows you to do full digital
> > asset management.
> >
> > BTW, I don't consider Informix to be a mainstream database.
> > You are welcome to disagree of course. I only consider
> > Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2 to be mainstream databases.
> 
> I'm not sure what you mean by "non-ASCII" text, however, I think that
SQL
> Server supports Unicode full-text indexing out of the box, with no
add-
> ons.
> 
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> voice: (202) 797-5496
> fax: (202) 797-5444
> 
______________________________________________________________________
Get the mailserver that powers this list at http://www.coolfusion.com
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to