You forgot you # signs... > <cfmail subject="queryemail.tblemails_subject" > ��to="queryemail.tblemails_to" > ��from="queryemail.tblemails_from"
should be > <cfmail subject="#queryemail.tblemails_subject#" > ��to="#queryemail.tblemails_to#" > ��from="#queryemail.tblemails_from#" Not a CFC issue - just a syntax issue. ======================================================================= Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo IM : cfjedimaster "My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda > -----Original Message----- > From: Ali Daniali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 8:52 PM > To: CF-Talk > Subject: CFC newbie question > > > After hearing about CFCs and reading about CFCs I have finally decided > to write my first CFC. But I'm not sure if I have this whole > CFC concept > figured out. Below is my first CFC. I have not been able to get it to > work and was wondering if someone might be able to give me some help. > � > Basically I have a database table with a whole bunch of > emails that can > be sent during a particular online application. Instead of embedding > CFMAIL one after another in my code I wanted to separate it > all...enter > CFCs...right? > � > So I evoke this CFC passing an email ID argument to the the > component...it looks it up the email ID in the database and zap...its > supposed to send the right email....so here it is....what am I doing > wrong? > � > Thank you in advance.... > � > <CFCOMPONENT hint="Database Driven Email Processing"> > �<CFFUNCTION name="sendMail" access="private" returntype="binary" > hint="Process Emails"> > ��<CFARGUMENT name="emailID" type="numeric" required="true" > hint="ID of > Email to send">��� > <cftry> > ��<CFQUERY name="queryemail" datasource="dbEP3"> > ���SELECT * > ���FROM tblemails > ���WHERE tblemails_ID = ARGUMENTS.emailID > ��</CFQUERY> > <cfmail subject="queryemail.tblemails_subject" > ��to="queryemail.tblemails_to" > ��from="queryemail.tblemails_from" > ��cc="queryemail.tblemails_cc" > ��bcc="queryemail.tblemails_bcc" > ��query="queryemail.tblemails_query1" > ��server="queryemail.tblemails_server" > ��type="queryemail.tblemails_type"> > #queryemail.tblemails_message1##queryemail.tblemails_message2# > </cfmail> > <CFCATCH type="database"><cfset success = False><CFRETURN > success></CFCATCH> > <CFCATCh type="any"><cfset success = False><CFRETURN > success></CFCATCh> > </cftry> > ��<cfset success = True> > ��<CFRETURN success> > �</CFFUNCTION> > </CFCOMPONENT> > � > Best Regards, > Ali Daniali > � > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Ali Daniali > Director, Development and Programming > TransACT Communications, Inc. > 8423 Mukilteo Speedway, Suite 100 > Mukilteo, WA 98275 > Tel: 425.977.2117 > FAX: 425.977.2080 > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > ______________________________________________________________________ This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for dependable ColdFusion Hosting. FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

