I think you just need some single quotes around your text datatype input
values. ie: '#desc#'...

-----Original Message-----
From: Webmaster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 11:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Just curious possible problem

I get the following error when I try to do it that way.. My query is at
the
bottom.

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)


[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO
statement.


SQL = "INSERT INTO soldSteel (type_id, desc, typeid, width, weight,
length,
quantity, price, method, location, comments, companyname, invoiceno,
datesold, pono) VALUES (4, 48 x 240, 2, 48, , 240, 10, $15.35, cwt,
IS&P, FP
RUSTY, intest, 9999, 09/19/2002, 9999 )"

Data Source = "BRINVENTORY"


The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier
of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (4:1) to (4:48) in the template
file
E:\inventory\Inventory\sold.cfm.


Date/Time: 09/19/02 10:45:00
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

 My query:


<cfquery DATASOURCE="brinventory" name="insert">
INSERT INTO soldSteel
(type_id, desc, typeid, width, weight, length, quantity, price, method,
location, comments, companyname, invoiceno, datesold, pono)
VALUES
(#form.type_id#, #form.desc#, #form.typeid#, #form.width#,
#form.weight#,
#form.length#, #form.quantity#, #form.price#, #form.method#,
#form.location#, #form.comments#, #form.companyname#, #form.invoiceno#,
#form.datesold#, #form.pono# )
</cfquery>


-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas McKenzie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:16 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Just curious possible problem


try using sql so it would look like this:

<cfquery etcetc...>
INSERT INTO soldSteel
(list of table fields)
VALUES
(#form.type_id#, etc etc )
</cfquery>

I've found cfinsert to be a bit strange in the past and using straight
SQL
normally sorts it out. Just make sure that the VALUES match the list of
table fields otherwise you'll be putting data into teh wrong fields.

hth
Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Webmaster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 September 2002 15:52
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Just curious possible problem


I place the info in a form and then do this cfinsert

<CFINSERT datasource="brinventory" tablename="soldSteel"
formfields="type_id, desc, typeid, width, weight, length, quantity,
price,
method, location, comments, companyname, invoiceno, datesold, pono">

desc is the problem..

-----Original Message-----
From: Mosh Teitelbaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 9:35 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Just curious possible problem


What code are you using to perform the copy?

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC
Tel: (301) 625-9191
Fax: (301) 933-3651
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.evoch.com/


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Webmaster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:35 AM
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: Just curious possible problem
>
>
> I noticed if I have a set of text example: " s3 10 X 50" 120 pcs". I
have
> this in an access database without the quotes, but when I try to copy
that
> information to anew table it stops where the first space begins. So
when I
> am looking at what copied into the new table is just "s3".. What
> am I doing
> wrong besides using access.. I am also using cf 4.5..
>
>




______________________________________________________________________
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to