I think we are looking for the same thing, I just started a thread encrypting cfquery,
then I saw this thread (get to many emails!!).  We want to take the data being passed
back and forth from the sql box and have it go accross encrypted.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/20/02 07:06PM >>>
Yea, Java's probably not viable in this particular environment... the flat
file is for NACH to go to the bank via modem ( not over an internet
connection ), then gets deleted.

> Encrypted in the DB but not encrypted in the flat file?
> Do you ever need to
> decrypt the encrypted data?

> I'm not much of a COM guy but Java has internal encryption
> classes (dunno if
> that's an option for you).

> --
> Mosh Teitelbaum