I have a udf that creates a random string that works great. The problem is,
looping over this for multiple inserts into a db causes problems because it
loops to quickly. Someone mentioned that all the random functions in CF use
the current time/date as a seed. The way around this is to either slow down
the loop, or to append something on the end of the string, in this case the
index of the loop.

Does anyone have a way to generate random numbers as fast as I need them?

Adrian Lynch
Thoughtbubble Ltd
----------------------
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
Ph: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) . Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0) 20 7387 8890