At 01:27 PM 6/21/2000 -0400, Zac wrote:

>Hope that's helpful.
>
>Do be careful using host headers, tho.  They're far less reliable
>than using separate IPs.  I'd consider them accessable for internal
>stuff or for personal sites, but I would NEVER rely on them for a
>publicly accessable site that might actually be accessed by paying
>customers...
>
>Best regards,
>Zac Bedell

I use host headers all the time.  I have found them to be very reliable and
easier to manage than hundreds of IP addresses.  If I have to add a new IP
address to my server, it requires a reboot.  If I point a new domain at an
existing address, no reboot and a simple IIS config.

Do make sure to add entries for both mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com as I
hate it as a user when mydomain.com doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

Judah