I belive this is a known issue, especially if you have mapped drives on your dev box. 
Each time a page is saved or the app is brought into focus, it hangs... this is what I 
have noticed anyways.

VPN: when i connect up to work from home via the VPN, I use Homesite+ which does not 
seem to hang at all when saving or flipping between Homesite and other applications.

Local: when I am working on files on our network through a mapped share I do not 
notice the hang with Homesite+ but I do notice it with Studio 5. I also notice that If 
I access the files through the network neighborhood the hang does not happen; but it 
does happen when attempting the same through the mapped shares.

I too would like a solution if one exists. For the time being however, I stick to 
Homesite+ at work and when connecting through the VPN... all works fine.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: JS [mailto:hoftalk@;yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 10:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Studio remote access delay


I'm connecting to my employers network through a vpn
connection.  The problem I'm having is when I'm
working in CF studio 5, flip to another app, then come
back to studio there is a noticeable delay while
studio checks for any changes to the template I'm
working on.  This is slowing me down tremendously
especially when the network gets congested.  Is there
a way to turn this feature off or is there a better
way to configure my setup?

Thanks,
JS

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More
http://faith.yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Get the mailserver that powers this list at http://www.coolfusion.com

Reply via email to