Ummm, why can't you pass a URL parameter to a frame? I do it all the
time and it seems to work for me... Is it that you are passing it to the
frameset but not then passing it to the relevant frame?

For example, if I have a frameset called diary.cfm which has two frames
diaryCalendar.cfm and diaryPage.cfm I might pass in the date that I want
to use to initialise each frame. To do this I might use a link on a page
like <a href="diary.cfm?theDate=25/6/2000">Diary</a>

diary.cfm would then look like:

<cfif isDefined("URL.theDate")>
    <cfset myDate=URL.theDate>
<cfelse>
    <cfset myDate=now()>
</cfif>

<cfoutput>
<FRAMESET rows="32%,*" BORDER = "0">
    <FRAME SRC = "diaryCalendar.cfm?theDate=#myDate#"
name="diaryCalendar">
    <FRAME SRC = "diaryPage.cfm?theDate=#myDate#" NAME="diaryPage">
</FRAMESET>
</cfoutput>

HTH

Brett Payne-Rhodes