Never mind the PCODE Errors, I've tracked them to a MM Article because
of the CFERROR type="monitor" tag I was using...but the rest is all
valid... :D

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Koshy [mailto:benlist@;w3media.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:15 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Debugging a Runaway CF5 Server?

I've got a dedicated server running a fairly busy application and about
once or twice a day, something is causing the Cold Fusion Server
(Version 5) to max out at 100% for about 30 minutes and then settle back
down again.  While its maxxed out (P4 2Ghz Server), the server pages
respond only after 40-60 seconds making the website almost inoperable. A
simple restart of the CF Service solves the issue.

I'm wondering while the server is "maxxing" , is there a way to look at
what each thread is handling at that time to see which template caused
the runaway problem?  I realize this also could be a bug that's being
triggered similar to the zero-byte email bug, but since the server
resolves itself after 20-30 minutes, I doubt its that.

I've thrown on some CFERROR tags and am cleaning up any rogue
code/errors that seem to be cropping up, but so far the maxx out beast
hasn't reared its ugly head.

Recently I noticed the odd PCODE error popping up occassionaly on
different templates if that's useful at all (see below)...on all the
servers I run we don't get these types of errors.  Does anyone have set
"best practice" at hunting down these sorts of runaway server problems?
Most of the time we can narrow it down to an infinite loop but its odd
that the CFServer doesn't kill this runaway process after the 60 second
execution limit so I'm thinking it could be a known bug.

Any help is appreciated. :D

PCODE Errors:
=============

Diagnostics:
unknown exception condition
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFQuery::endTag

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier
of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (45:2) to (45:105) in the
template file D:\WWW.blah.COM\PERSONAL\SELL_HISTORY.CFM.

Diagnostics:
unknown exception condition
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFQuery::endTag

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier
of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (49:2) to (49:107) in the
template file D:\WWW.blah.COM\SEARCH\..\INCLUDES\GLOBAL_VARS.CFM.

Diagnostics:
unknown exception condition
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFQuery::endTag

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier
of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (204:3) to (204:107) in the
template file D:\WWW.blah.COM\FUNCTIONS\PRNT_LISTING.CFM.

Diagnostics:
unknown exception condition
PCodeRuntimeContextImp::executeSQLTagCFQuery::endTag

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier
of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (84:2) to (84:120) in the
template file D:\WWW.blah.COM\FUNCTIONS\AUCTION_COMPLETE.CFM.