From: Blum, Jason (SAA) [mailto:Jason_Blum@;saa.senate.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 9:36 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF 5 Scheduler fails

I've usually been able to get scheduled tasks to run ok, but they fail
eventually, often without anything in the scheduler log, as if their
execution was simply forgotten.  From what I've heard, the scheduler is
widely regarded as pretty unreliable.

I've had some success running templates from the NT, 2K or crontab
(UNIX) schedulers.  The only trick there is that you have to run them in
Netscape so that you can include a script to close the window onload.

I posted an earlier message inviting recommendations for better
solutions - am now scrolling through to see if anyone responded...

-J