Well, you've certainly earned your title.  That did it and it works like a
charm.  A heartfelt thanks.

Time out for a brief, self-indulgent rant:

OTOH, while listGetAt is mentioned in several of my CF guides, but not
mentioned in the CF class I took a few months ago or illustrated in any of
the half-dozen tutorials I've worked through, there were no cookbook
examples anywhere in my material actually using this kind of statement to
perform a function that one would think would be commonplace.  When
ListGetAt is mentioned, it's listed alphabetically for list manipulations,
outside of all real world context as how to actually deploy it.

I learn best by example.  If somebody comes up with a real-world
cf-cookbook-by-example, I'll certainly buy it.

Anyway, no reflection on you.  Thanks for your help.

Rick

You want to use listGetAt to get the proper item:

 <cfloop from="1" to="#ListLen(form.EmpID_Muster)#" index="i">

 <cfquery name="qUpdate_Status" datasource="MorningMuster">

 UPDATE Muster

 SET Emp_Status = #listGetAt(form.Emp_Status,i)#
 WHERE EmpID_Muster = #listGetAt(form.EmpID_Muster)#

 </cfquery>

 </cfloop>