From: Stephen Moretti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: IsDefined do this...

> Would you post the exact cfif statement (non-nested version)
> you are using that is causing a problem and let us know what error it's
> showing?
>
> You could also use this:
>
> <cfif isdefined("qgetdir.strOmit") AND
> FindNoCase("documents",qgetdir.strOmit)>

Nope....  You get the same inconsistant results as CONTAINS.

> The documents string should be wrapped in double-quotes (as above),

Generally single quotes will work exactly the same as double quotes.

> and the
> FindNoCase function will get over the problem of case-sensitivity.

Use ListFindNoCase(yourlist,yourvalue) instead.

> Also,
> you can drop the "GT 0", as 0 will evaluate to false and any other number
> will evaluate to true.

I'm not going to start on this one again..... See Sean Corfield, Jeffry
Houser and Dave Watts responses in the Boolean (was: Studio MX) thread.

Regards

Stephen