I would respectfully argue for the "worth the time to
implement it" not because a large number of developers
would have this problem but rather the
assumption/oversight of server-side validation such as
_date prefix that there won't be column name ending
with _date has proven to be incorrect/clear.  In
addition, when CF is used to built software tool, the
notion of "workaround", honestly, IMHO, not
acceptable, for it seriously compromises code
efficiecy.  So, here, again, I was and am asking MM to
remedy the server-side validation oversight.  Thanks.

Don Li
P.S. 1. One of my postings related to this topic never
showes up in the list;
P.S. 2. In that particular posting, as I recall, I
said something like, "I hope, you and other folks
would be on my side to ask MM to ..." but later, the
"I hope" did not appear in the quote, which made it
sound like I demanded ...  that was not the intention.

http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handlers/index.cfm?ID=21816