I believe you have to map the drive rather than use a unc.  I might be wrong
though.

Matthew P. Smith 
Web Developer, Object Oriented 
Naval Education & Training Professional 
Development & Technology Center 
(NETPDTC) 
(850)452-1001 ext. 1245 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 


-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Dworman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 3:58 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: access odbc connection

Here's the deal.
 
We need to connect to an access database that resides on another server.  I
know to use the UNC path, and to make sure the ColdFusion service has rights
to open the database on the other machine.  There is no username and
password for the database.
 
The issue is that CF cannot verify the data source.  I can set it up in
Windows 2000 server and I can connect to it using SQLCon32.  What else do I
need to do in order to make CF verify the connection?
 
 
TIA
 
Steven D Dworman
Macromedia Certified Developer
---------------------------------------------------------
Web Consultant
Systems Administrator
 
ComSpec International - http://www.comspecinternational.com
<http://www.comspecinternational.com/> 
phone: 248.647.8841
cell:  248.767.9925
---------------------------------------------------------
EMPOWER-XL ***Software for Higher Education*** http://www.empower-xl.com
<http://www.empower-xl.com/> 
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to