All,

Thank you for your patience with my current component problems.  I
will admit, my primary background is in compiled programming
environments.  I have been able to work in a pure HTML/CGI
environment for web apps using ASP with few conceptual issues.
But the mixed environment of web-based applications that have some
OOP capabilities is giving me some fits.  I did some tests
originally that showed I could access scoped variables
(APPLICATION, CLIENT and SESSION) from within a component.  My
further work, I think has determined that you can only access the
scoped variables when the method calls are to the cfc file
directly as opposed to an instance of the object.  REQUEST scope
variables only exist for the duration of a single client-server
request.  My question is, how do you get access to persistent
variables, i.e. those that would normally be in APPLICATION,
CLIENT or SESSION, from within instantiated components?  I have
resolved the issue for static variables by creating a base object
that all other objects extend containing the static data.  But
this does not work for variable data; at least I can't think how
to make it work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert J. Polickoski
Senior Programmer, ISRD Inc.