CF will handle any load you can come up with... just be sure of the
following:

1. run a real database... MySQL is a great one and has awesome cost...

2. Have enough machines to process your requests...

3. Don't try running many servers on one machine... divide FTP, EMAIL,
DNS and SQL stuff from the web app box...

4. Run a minimum of 3 front end boxes ... 1 for live, one for backup and
one for development...

CF is very robust, rapid and reliable if you take proper business steps
to build out your solution and invest in the infrastructure... lots of
people get real cheap on the hardware side and beat boxes to death...
Puts lots of RAM (as much as possible) in the boxes and amply large and
fast disk...

Paris Lundis
Founder
Areaindex, L.L.C.
http://www.areaindex.com
http://www.pubcrawler.com
412-292-3135
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]