All,

Thank you in advance for you patience with my CFC tribulations.  I
am trying to find a string identifier for an instance of a CFC.

The situation is this:  I am outputting a list of instantiated
objects to which a user has access.  In this list, I want to put
anchors that will call a specific method of an instantiated
object.  I have a function in a non-instantiated CFC that can do
this as long as I can pass a string identifier for the instance.

        <cffunction name="DisplayCompMeth" access="remote"
output="true" displayname="Display Component Method" hint="Display
a specific method of a specific componentinstance">
                <!-- This function displays the specified method
of the specified component instance -->
                <cfargument name="Comp" type="string"
required="true" default="#URL.Comp#" displayname="Component"
hint="The component or instance thereof">
                <cfargument name="Meth" type="string"
required="true" default="#URL.Meth#" displayname="Method"
hint="The method to be invoked">
                <cfinvoke component="#evaluate("#Comp#")#"
method="#Meth#" returnvariable="DisplayPage"></cfinvoke>
                <cfoutput>
                        #DisplayPage#
                </cfoutput>
        </cffunction>

This works fine when I know the name of the instance such as
SESSION.User.  But I am actually creating the menu by calling
methods from within the instantiated objects.  So I am looking for
a system level string identifier, like CFID, that is accessible
from within the instantiated object.  Does anyone know if there is
such a thing and if so, how to get it?

Again, thank you for your patience, assistance and support.

Robert J. Polickoski
Senior Programmer, ISRD Inc.
(540) 842-6339
[EMAIL PROTECTED]