Steve,

If your going to run MX, IIS would be your best bet with all the bugs it
has Macromedia seems to be catering to IIS fixes first. Are you talking
production or test? If your testing and its your local machine we run a
CF5 shop but we test for MX so I run IIS locally for CF5 and use the MX
standalone, I'm running dual web servers on my local machine.

Hope this helps,
James Blaha