From: Rick Faircloth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 9:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How can I modify this query so mySQL will be happy?

Well that explains why the exact same query, minus the Day line,
works fine.  No Day() function...  Only problem with the DayName
function
(assuming it returns the Day of the Week name and not a number)
is that this function needs to return the day number in the month... 1
or
2...
not Monday, etc.

I found answer (after reading the docs!).  It was DayofMonth.  That
function returns a number of the month, which is what I needed.

Concerning your soapbox:

I agree.  The more versatile code is, the better.  I'm sure there are
cases when code that is completely optimized for a platform is required,
but I'd rather take a small hit in performance to avoid having to
rewrite
a bunch of code.  My current situation illustrates that.  I'm having to
tweak
code on all 197 pages of this business app to get everything to work.
:op

Thanks, Matt, and Ben for your help.

Rick