Jeff,

> I have a copy of CFMX Pro installed on my laptop (Win2K Pro).  It is
> setup to utilize IIS if that matters.   Whenever I boot my laptop
> however, the App Server fails.  The error in the event log is that the
> CFMX App Server service terminated with service specific error 2.
>
> Anybody got any idea what is happening?  I have installed CFMX Pro on a
> development server and everything works great there.  I have updated
> both with the latest updater as well.

According to "net helpmsg 2" "The system cannot find the file specified."

So possibly the service can't find the exe for the app server because its
moved/deleted or the permissions are preventing SYSTEM from accessing the
file.
Have a look around the event logs.  Theoretically, it should tell you what
that missing file is.

Hope that helps

Regards

Stephen