You're right, most Unix folks will want that kind of control. Frankly, I
want that kind of control, I happen to like the command-line. However,
many, many Mac users are not hardcore Unix users - not yet anyway. A lot
of them are still skeptical of the Terminal as it's been unknown to them
until OSX came out.

I just think an option would be good ... For those of us who want the
control we could certainly have it, but provide an installer that works
like most other Mac apps. You don't really have to dive into the
Terminal to install Dreamweaver and that's what most Mac users are used
to at this point.

At any rate, it's only a small suggestion. I don't think anyone on this
list has had any issues with the installation routine - it certainly
beats the "compile on Linux" method that Dick came up with. It's not a
hard install, just not what a lot of Mac users are going to be familiar
with.

By the way, you can just double-click on that JAR file instead of
typing: java -jar coldfusion-j2ee-java.jar

I'm still stunned it's available, any installation routine makes me
happy right now :)

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]