I have a nested tree built with Steve Nelson's model. I'm also presenting it
with the tigra tree DHTML package. It's gotten so large it takes 215 seconds
to resolve even with the query cached! The package takes one long character
string and parses it out into tables and such. Any ideas on how to speed
this up? I had thought originally that caching the query and possibly even
running it in the background as a task would make it workable, but no.
Queries

application.tree (Records=6917, Time=Cached Query)
SQL =
SELECT    Child.Category_ID, Child.Category_Name, Count(Child.StartBranch)
AS lvl,
                          Child.StartBranch, Child.EndBranch
        FROM      category_tree AS Parent, category_tree AS Child
        WHERE     Child.StartBranch BETWEEN Parent.StartBranch AND
Parent.EndBranch
        GROUP BY  Child.StartBranch, Child.Category_ID, Child.Category_Name,
Child.EndBranch
        ORDER BY  Child.StartBranch