Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Doom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Search engine spider

If by 'index the links' you mean generate a list of them, it seems to me
the following would work pretty well.

Create an empty array.  Populate the first entry with your starting URL.
Set a counter 'count' to 1.

loop while count is less than or equal to the arraylen:
cfhttp the url in the array at index count
Grab all the links.
loop over the links:
if the link does not exist in the array, add it.
/loop over links
increment the counter
/loop over array

Output the links.

If you write good modular code (especially where it grabs the links) you
can edit it later to do whatever processing or searching you want.

I know it's not code, but at least it should get you started should you
not find what you want ready-made.

If you want more help, feel free to contact me off-list (unless others
are interested in this thing).

--  Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software, Inc