I'm not sure but try puting the "left(issues.owner, inStr(issues.owner,
',')-1)" up in the select as "left(issues.owner, inStr(issues.owner, ',')-1)
as LastName". That should get rid of the error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Chastain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 11:19 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Access SQL Question - Round 2

No, that is along the lines of what I have been trying without any luck.

Okay, I have the following tables and data:

table: issues (id, owner)
  1  Doe
  2  Klein, Doe
  3  James
  4  Doe, James

table: owners (name, email)
  Doe      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  James    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Klein    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The results I need to get back are ...
  (issue.id, owners.name, owners.email)
  1  Doe     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2  Klein   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3  James   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  4  Doe     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Where the name and email come from the first (or only) name in the issues
table.

I would not think that this would be that hard, but for some reason it
appears to be.

Thanks
-- Jeff