I have a date form field which I have attempted to validate using CF's
validate="date"

Which should allow mm/dd/yyyy but it also allows mm/dd/yyy

I tried to work around this by setting my validate to regular_expression
with a pattern of
^\d\d\/\d\d\/\d\d\d\d$ which works perfect except for the fact that I also
want this to allow nulls.

Does anyone have a regular expression that will check for mm/dd/yyyy and
allow nulls?

Maybe someone could explain why the validate="date" allows mm/dd/yyy I don't
think that is a valid date, am I wrong? It's funny the docs state that the
validate="date" only accepts mm/dd/yyyy but the example on the docs
validates against mm/dd/yy I know this is a valid date. Just pointing this
out because the docs are wrong, and I did not want to see RTFM in any
replies I may get.

Also this has to be done on the client side. I'm using CF5 for this. Docs
came from DMX.

Thanks

Bryan F. Hogan
Director of Internet Development
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion MX Developer
Digital Bay Media, Inc.
1-877-72DIGITAL