I not quite sure what your budget is for this, but we are looking into vbrick
products.  The first box takes the video feed, automatically encodes it for mpeg2 or
mpeg 1, then it will send the stream to your webserver thats going to broadcast the
video.  Using the system you could very easily have the advertisments switch during
commercials.  But anyways, if your budget isn't bottom dollar than I recommend looking
into it.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/22/03 10:24PM >>>
Hello everyone,

   I've been approached by a T.V. station in my hometown to provide them
with a live streaming solution for their local TV news broadcast. However
they cannot display the advertisements that are on TV and would rather do
web advertisements in Flash instead (Since I suggested the Flash
Communicator streaming solution for them...)...

I wanted to see if anyone out there has ever done something like this for a
TV station and see if anyone had any ideas as to how to implement the
advertisements into the stream in place of the TV Commercials. I thought
about layers, but not sure this is the best route.

I'd like to have an automatic system, as I don't really want to be there
twice per night editing video :)

Can anyone out there provide me with suggestions as to how this could be
done?

Thanks,
Pablo