From: Joshua Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 5:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX Memory Issue

Honestly I have no idea what port 2901 is doing in there. This is a
default install of CFMX and I just assumed it was something that CF used
internally.

Port 2901 is something called ALLSTORCNS (http://keir.net/portlist.html)
and has TCP and UDP associations. A quick search on Google for
ALLSTORCNS returns nothing of much use, just confirmation that it's
typically on port 2901.

A quick Port Scan of my server shows it's open, same for my other
Windows2K Server, but not true for my WindowsXP Pro machine (not running
CFMX). It's also open on my RedHat 7.3 machine that has the Developer
Edition of CFMX installed. Scanning my Mac OSX machine with CFMX J2EE
shows the port is closed.

Thinking this may have something to do with CFMX I started port scanning
servers I know run CF - it's not open on all of the servers, so I'm not
sure if it's related to CFMX or not. Anyone @macromedia.com know if this
is something related to CFMX or is this something different altogether?

I DO have the CFMX ODBC service running - it's installed by default and
I assumed it was required. We connect to a MS SQL Server 2000 server and
1 or 2 small Access databases, is the ODBC service not required when
using these RDBMS?

All that's running on our server currently is:
CFMX with the latest updater
IIS 5
iMail 7
SQL Server 2000 - Running on the second processor for data backups only
- we use a separate SQL box for our live databases.

If I stop services for SQL Server and iMail I still get the same
results.

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]