From: David Notik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 4:32 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Thoughts? Export / Import transaction file

Hi all:

I am working with a vendor in exporting a file to them on a daily basis
from our web site, and then I need to receive a response file from them.
I imagine that we'll dump the transaction file in a directory that they
then access on their end.

What is the best, most secure way to do this?  Shall they pass a
user/pass combination to a script, which then retrieves the transaction
file from a secure location and "pushes" it back to them?

And how should I accept the response from their end?  Shall they pass
their response via URL (e.g. pass user/pass and
field=value&field=value)?

What is the most secure way to accomplish this?

--D

David Notik
Digital202, LLC
Imagination gone digital.