From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 12:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: windows .net server 2003 and cf

> I found a site that provides some directions on how to
> install cfmx on .net server 2003 and use IIS.
>
> http://phydiux.com/cfmx_and_IIS6/
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but I will this afternoon, I can
> let you know if it works.

While those instructions certainly may work, they involve editing the
registry to trick the wsconfig tool. It's worth noting that there's an
alternative approach, which has worked for me whenever I've had problems
with wsconfig - for example, after applying Updater 2 to CFMX running
against Apache 2.0.43.

The wsconfig utility is a runnable jar file. When you run it, it
extracts the appropriate module, places it in a directory, and
configures your web server to use the module. You can do this yourself,
manually.

1. Copy \cfusionmx\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar to wsconfig.zip.
2. Open in your favorite zip utility.
3. Extract the appropriate module.
4. Edit your web server configuration to use the module.

Of course, you have to be able to find the appropriate module, but
they're pretty clearly named within the jar file. You also have to know
how to set up your web server to use the module. In IIS, you can simply
add the appropriate ISAPI extension mapping in the Internet Service
Manager; in Apache, you have to add some lines like this to httpd.conf
(note that there will be differences depending on where you've placed
the module):

LoadModule jrun_module
"C:/CFusionMX/runtime/lib/wsconfig/2/mod_jrun20.so"
<IfModule mod_jrun20.c>
    JRunConfig Verbose false
    JRunConfig Apialloc false
    JRunConfig Ssl false
    JRunConfig Ignoresuffixmap false
    JRunConfig Serverstore
"C:/CFusionMX/runtime/lib/wsconfig/2/jrunserver.store"
    JRunConfig Bootstrap 127.0.0.1:51010
   #JRunConfig Errorurl <optionally redirect to this URL on errors>
    AddHandler jrun-handler .jsp .jws
</IfModule>

Now, there's one missing piece, but so far it hasn't made any difference
that I've seen. That's the creation of a "/jrunscripts" web server
mapping. When you run wsconfig with IIS 5, that gets mapped to the
directory containing the module. Does anyone know exactly what this is
for? It doesn't seem to matter if it's omitted, as far as I've seen.

Finally, I mentioned setting up the connector module as an ISAPI
extension. It can also be set up as an ISAPI filter, but I've stuck to
using the ISAPI extension, personally.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496