From: Pete Ruckelshaus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMX & Oracle native DSN issues

I can't for the life of me get an oracle native DSN properly configured
in CFMX.  I have my tnsnames.ora file open and am copying the SID,
server, port, username, password, etc. verbatim, yet I cannot get the
connection to verify correctly.  The error message I'm getting is:

Connection verification failed for data source: ora_i18n
[]java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while
attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and
other connectivity info. The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException:
SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please
check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.

Has anyone had this problem, and what was your solution?  Is CFMX just
picky about the format of a tnsnames.ora file?

Thanks

Pete