Greetings,

we have a customer who is experiencing some difficulties viewing pages at
times on their
satellite connection.

The Company is in Northern Ireland and resides in an area of country side
where broadband
connection as of yet is not available. Satellite was the only alternative,
as a dial up connection
was too slow for their specific needs, and a dedicated line was too
expensive.

There is an application within their site that is built using two <IFRAMES>,
one is hidden, and this is the
one that requests new data. The automation of fresh data is extremely
important to them. The app is powered using
JavaScript and Dynamic HTML, doing either form posts or HREF Http requests.

On average twice out of every ten requests an error msg is returned in the
hidden IFRAME, saying,

A FAULT HAS OCCURRED,
A MALFORMED HTTP REQUEST HAS BEEN MADE,
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR WEB BROWSER TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM AND HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT
NUMBER READY FOR THE TEAM.

When this page is returned it crashes the application. I can set a time out
in JavaScript which is cleared
when the hidden frame loads using the onLoad event handler. If a timeout
occurs naturally, I have certain values
stored globally in the main IFRAME which is always static from the initial
load. I then perform a http request,
and send my values to CF along the URL under the assumption that an error
was returned.

Would anyone have any ideas how to get around this problem, I have been told
that Satellite compiles the pages
differently than through traditional http proxy requests, the satellite
compiler is sending back these error
reports to the client apparently when trying to compile the pages and can't.
I'm not sure if this is correct.

Other branches of this business use the same application but not with
satellite, and do not experience any errors.

I'm wondering is there is any conflictions with posts and HREF Requests with
javascript and Satellite connections,
I will forward any code if anyone requests.

I am currently trying to contact British Telecomm, their ISP vendor, but if
anyone has experienced any problems like this
I sure would be glad to hear from you,

Respectfully,

John McCosker ( Snr Web Applications Developer )
Andronics Data Global Communications Ltd,
20 Balliniska Road,
Springtown Industrial Estate,
Londonderry,
Co.Londonderry,