From: Ian Vaughan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 March 2003 11:54
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Is it possible to achieve workflow in Coldfusion ???

Andre

Thanks for the explanation!!

Ok I understand how it is working -

A user fills in the fields and clicks submit the data in entered into
the db
with a 'status' field set to a default of 'Pending'

Ok

Then when the form is submitted I use CFMail to send an e-mail to the
approver informing them they have a story to approve. (Is this process
correct ?)

The approver clicks on the link in the e-mail and they are taken to the
'Pending Jobs' Screen.

The approver opens the relevant pending job.

At the bottom of this page there are two buttons 'Approve' and 'Decline'

If the aprrover clicks approve the 'status' field changes to 'approve'

However if the approver clicks decline then the 'status' field stays the
same and an e-mail is sent back to the content owner informing them that
the
content has been declined.

Does this make sense logically ??

Or would you add more features and or more advanced settings??