Actually yes, someone did say that Flash would replace Visual Basic.
That's what started this whole thing.

>You have to realize, what Macromedia is doing is laying the groundwork
for >a whole new way to create applications, you can't expect that type
of >technology to be 100% from day 1. Eventually web applications will
behave >almost identically to desktop applications and in most cases
will even >replace them. I would hate to think that the future of
software would be >based on HTML. Flash, server-side processing and RIAs
are the future of not >only the web, but software as we know it. We need
to be helpful and >supportive of this process instead of being so
critical.

I've focused on access to local files, as it's a major advantage over
desktop applications written in Java or VB have over Flash. Hence I
don't see Flash as being a reasonable replacement.

For once Dave I completely agree. Well almost, I'm still going to be
paranoid and assume MS is out to get everyone. I find I'm usually more
right that I am wrong with this theory. Probably would have been laughed
at 5 years ago if I said they be competing with Nintendo.

Adam Wayne Lehman
Web Systems Developer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Distance Education Division