Folks,

I have a problem... and I am -really- hoping that somebody has a
solution for me.  I've searched for hours, tinkered for days... and I"m
really stuck.  I'm at the stage of hoping that I'm missing something
obvious.

First, my platform: CF 5 on RH Linux 7.2 using PostgreSQL 7.1 (but I
could use mySQL too, that isn't critical).

*** *** ***

My problem:

I have 3 types of documents:

PDFS, .CFM Static Files and Database Content

I need to index all three into '1' collection that can be searched.

PDF's on Linux cannot be directly indexed, so I am using pdf2txt to
convert them to a shadow directory of files labelled:
filename.pdf.txt... and then just stripping the .txt off the result to
link to the actual PDF.

Can I combine these into 1 search somehow?  Can I take my index (created
with the CF Admin of the shadowed PDF's in their directories) and insert
the results into a database somehow?  Has somebody done something like
this and they're selling/sharing the perfect solution?

Thank you so much!

--
Jillian