From: Tim Laureska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 9:08 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: FW: Problems with MS03-007 and Cold Fusion MX

Just passing this along

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Downes
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problems with MS03-007 and Cold Fusion MX

All,

This is my first post to this list, so please don't be too harsh.

This is just a "heads up" and maybeof  help to others in a similar
situation.

We have applied MS03-007 on two of our servers running Win2k and Cold
Fusion MX. On subsequent testing we were getting strange results where
the 1st or default web server on an multihomed system gave us 404 errors
on everything except the default page. Other sites responded fine.

We removed the patch, both through an uninstall and through the Recovery
Console method described by Russ. In neither case was the problem
resolved.

We have not done thorough testing on this to determine exactly what
happened, but have resolved the problem by using the following procedure

Stop the WWW service
Stop the IIS Admin Service (if its running)
Run the Remove_ALL_Connectors batch file in CfusionMX/bin/connectors Run
the IIS_connector batch file in CfusionMX/bin/connectors Restart the WWW
service

One on of the servers we then had IIS grinding to a standstill that was
fixed by a restart, we are still investigating what may have gone on
there.

The servers now have the patch installed and are working with Cold
Fusion MX.

Best Regards

James Downes

---