From: Ruggiero, Kevin D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 6:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: sqlplus locks qhen i am trying to delete a record

When you say it locks, do you mean it becomes unresponsive?  I assume that's
what you mean.  My guess is you may need to create an index on the key
you're deleting by (id), and you should also look at your triggers.  Also,
if you leave it for a while, does control eventually return?  I've seem
delete queries that take up to 45 minutes to run.  You may want to check out
metalink.oracle.com for a better source of info on Oracle problems.

Kevin