I don't know if any of you have run into this before or if it's even been
mentioned (couldn't find it at mm technotes either), but I've run into a
situation where the values of an outer loop referred to in an inner loop
are not what you expect. I was burned on this recently and remember
vaguely it happening to me before. I've written some demonstration code to
illustrate:

http://www.simplemessageboard.com/loopbug.cfm

The solution as shown in the code is to set a local variable BEFORE you
begin the inner loop to hold the value of the outer loop you want to refer
to within the inner loop.

Anyone had this happen? Or is this expected behavior that I can't see?

BTW, this is CF5, I don't know about MX.

Tony Schreiber, Senior Partner                  Man and Machine, Limited
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.technocraft.com

http://www.is300.net The Enthusiast's Home of the Lexus IS300 since 1999
http://www.simplemessageboard.com    Free Forum Software for Cold Fusion