It's me again, back with the loops.

Background...

I am trying to build an insert form where the user can specify how many
items (records) they would like to add.

Here's my form page:

<cfparam name="MultiForm" default="FALSE">
<cfparam name="i" default="0">

<cfif MultiForm IS True>
                <cfoutput>
                        <form action="addSite2.cfm" method="post"
name="addSite">
                          <cfloop from="1" to="#URL.NumForms#"
index="i">
cellspacing="2" cellpadding="5">
name="Website_author#i#" type="text"></td>
class="copyTeal">
link:</div></td>
                                                  <input
name="Website_Link#i#" type="text" size="45">
class="tealHeader">Please include the http:// and remember to
                                                  verify the link's
accuracy.</span></p>
                                </cfloop>

                                <input name="NumForms" type="hidden"
value="#NumForms#">
                                <input name="MultiForm" type="hidden"
id="MultiForm" value="TRUE">
                        <input type="submit" value="Continue">
                  </form>
                  </cfoutput>

<cfelse>
                  <form action="addSite2.cfm" method="post"
name="addSite">
cellpadding="5">
align="right">Author Name: </div></td>
type="text" id="Website_author"></td>
                                  <input name="Website_Link" type="text"
id="Website_Link" size="45">
include the http:// and remember to
                                  verify the link's

                                <input name="NumForms" type="hidden"
value="1">
                                <input name="MultiForm" type="hidden"
id="MultiForm" value="FALSE">

                        <input type="submit" value="Continue">

                  </form>

  </cfif>

I am getting the value of NumForms from the links:
If you would like to add multiple sites at once,

Select number of sites to add:~~
  15</a> ~~

So basically, I am looping NumForms times to output that many inout
boxes. They're being dynamically named by appending the value of the
loop index to their names.

When I get to my action page, this is where I get lost.

<cfif MultiForm IS FALSE>

                <cfquery datasource="APOOO" name="InsertFields">
                Insert Into Websites
                (Website_Author,
                Website_Link)
                Values ('#form.Website_Author#',
                '#form.Website_Link#')
                </cfquery>

<cfelse>

                <CFLOOP
                  INDEX="i"
                  FROM=1
                  TO=#form.NumForms#>
                                <CFIF form.FIELD1 NEQ "" AND form.FIELD2
NEQ "">

                                                <CFQUERY
DATASOURCE="APOOO">
                                                <!--- run your insert or
update query here --->
                                                Insert Into Websites
                                                (Website_Author,
                                                Website_Link)
                                                Values ('#form.Field1#',

                                                '#form.Field2#')
                                                </CFQUERY>

                                <cfelse>
                                                Unsuccessful add. There
was data missing in your form.
                                                <cflocation
addtoken="no" url="addSite.cfm">

                                </cfif>

                </cfloop>

</cfif>

I am checking to see whether they are submitting a multiform (true) or
not (false).

If they are not, I go ahead with a normal insert and everything is
peachy.

However, if they are submitting a "multiForm", this is where it gets
sticky. I know I need to loop through the form fields that were
submitted.

<CFLOOP
                  INDEX="i"
                  FROM=1
                  TO=#form.NumForms#>

I want to make sure they arent saying they want to add 5 records and
only add fill out the info for 3, so I add this conditional logic...

<CFIF form.?? NEQ "" AND form.?? NEQ "">

... however, how do I reference the dynamic form elements?? ANd then
when I am ready to run the insert, how do I refererence the values that
were entered into he dynamically-named elements??

<CFQUERY DATASOURCE="APOOO">
                                                <!--- run your insert or
update query here --->
                                                Insert Into Websites
                                                (Website_Author,
                                                Website_Link)
                                                Values ('#form.??#',
                                                '#form.??#')
                                                </CFQUERY>

And then, how do I reference these values once again when confirming the
insert was successful??

<cfif MultiForm IS FALSE>
   <cfoutput>   <h1><a href="#form.Website_Link#"
target="_blank">#Form.Website_Author#</a> </h1></cfoutput>
        <cfelse>
        <cfloop from="1" to="#form.NumForms#" index="i">
                        <cfif #??# NEQ "" AND #??# NEQ "">
                                        <cfoutput>
                                                                <h1><a
href="#form.??#" target="_blank">#form.??#</a>
                                                                </h1>
                                        </cfoutput>
                        </cfif>
        </cfloop>

          </cfif>

I am at a loss here and my brain could implode. I promise if you all
help me with referencing this, I will post a tutorial on this or submit
an article to Fusion Authority on how to do this.

Much obliged :)

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza