> On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 11:00 US/Pacific, Raymond Camden wrote:
> > So what you are saying is this (and let me know if I'm wrong):
> >
> > A.cfc contained method test that returns 1.
> > User creates instance of A.cfc and stores it in
> Application.A. A.cfc
> > is edited so that test returns 2. If I call
> Application.A.test(), you
> > say it should return 2, not 1?
> >
> > It certainly returns 1 now, but you are saying that's a bug in MX?
>
> Hmm, I'd say that's a bug, yes. If you change the source file, any
> access to it should force a recompile and therefore you
> should get the
> new value, even in the instance in shared scope.

Query, now imagine, instead of test(), we have name, a simple value.
Would changing the core CFC force instance data to get nuked? Would
changing the core CFC file also force the constructor of application.A
to rerun? (Assume the constructor sets name to "", and we had previously
set name to Ray.)

Just kinda wondering aloud here.

-rc

resources for the community.