Even when the CFC is recompiled through instantiation of another instance of
it, the existing instances' behaviour remains untouched.

In Java, this is NOT the way it works, because an object only houses
instance data (state), and all methods and static variables reside in the
class, which is read from disk once, and stored for use by ALL instance of
the class.  I'd definitely say this is a bug.

CFC's have no runtime awareness of their superclasses, because their
functionality is aggregated when instantiated.  I don't know how it works,
but I bet it similar to renaming functions by assignment.  Thus, you have an
in-memory representation of the function, rather than a pointer to a
class-definition that has a single representation of the function when you
have an inherited method.  That would create the situation where cached CFC
instances don't change behaviour when their class changes.

barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com